AusRomToday’s ‘Hooked On Your First Love’ competition
WORDS FOR CASH SCHEME
AusRomToday and Aussie author Ainslie Paton have joined forces (insert evil laugh here…!) to bring you the ‘Hooked On Your First Love’ competition.
Back in 1974, the Australian Women’s Weekly ran this competition:
A competition that sparked Ainslie’s interest and resulted in a guest appearance in this deliciously 70’s scene in Ainslie’s upcoming release, Hooked On A Feeling.
In the scene, Hazel is helping Gayle move into her new home. She’s lining the linen press with pages from the Woman’s Weekly and sees the competition notice. She laments that 400 words wouldn’t be enough to describe the man she’s been pining for and for the longest time couldn’t even remember her name.
To mark the release of Hooked on a Feeling we’re re-running the competition 2014-style.
We want to hear about your first love: maybe it was a hot fling, maybe it’s your spouse/significant other, or maybe it’s something you’ve kept a secret…
If he loved you and left you, maybe she ditched you or dumped you, broke your heart or made you the happiest person in the world, we want to know about it.
Tell us in 400 words or less for your chance to win CASH prizes, just like in 1974.
Three lucky winners will take home a cash prize:
First prize: $100
Second prize: $50
Third prize: $25
Prize money in Australian dollars, deposited into an account of your choice. Just think of the extra books you can buy!
Taking the place of the overworked, underpaid intern who probably had to judge in 1974, we’ve enlisted a top judging panel of overworked, underpaid romance authors. Each is an experienced writer, serial snarkist and terminal lovelorn cynic. Together, they are the Hard Hearted Hannas:
So without further ado, our four judges are:
Pun cracker, coffee addict, writer of romances for grown-ups and smart-asses. Driving in Neutral out September 1st
House slave, drinker of disgustingly good for you heath juices, multi-published author of erotic romances. Down & Dirty out now
Erotic romance writer whose formative years were heavily influenced by reading all the naughty bits in books she was banned from. Deep Diving out September 1st
Epic romantic fantasy author and wielder of snark. The Chronicles of Applecross: Chaos Born & Chaos Bound and Chaos Broken on the way.
Simply tell us about your first love in 400 words or less
The Hard Hearted Hannas will read and review each entry and we’ll update the Hooked On Your First Love entry page daily.
Competition ends midnight Friday 1st August, winners will be announced on AusRomToday’s website and social media networks on Monday 4th August.
Join us online:
Terms & Conditions
- Competition opens July 14, closes August 1, 2014
- Only genuine entries, not attributed to famous public, or historic figures are eligible to win
- Only entries at or under 400 words will be considered eligible
- All other contributions will be valued for their originality and sense of fun, so long as they’re not offensive.
- Prize money will be awarded to the three best entries as judged by the judging panel. No correspondence will be entered into. No alternative prizes offered
- Prize money is a one off award, paid in Australian dollars into a nominated bank account. Overseas winners bear the cost of exchange.
- No prize money will be awarded if less than three genuine entries are received
- Entry content will be available for use in publicising the competition through social media
- AusRomToday and Ainslie Paton are the happy sponsors of the competition but take no responsibility for the quality of the entries
- AusRomToday reserves the right to cancel or change the terms the competition at any time without notice