SPOTLIGHT ON… Juliette Sobanet
1. Describe yourself in one word:
2. The best thing about being a wordsmith:
Spending my days writing love stories based in Paris!
3. You wish you wrote:
I love writing in the romance and mystery genres…but one day it would be fun to try something more literary.
4. If you weren’t writing, what would you be doing?
Teaching French and traveling through France.
5. Favourite fictional character:
Charley Davidson in “First Grave on the Right” by Darynda Jones
6. Number one thing to do on your bucket list:
Watch one of my books become a movie.
7. What book has changed your opinion/stance on something important to you, and why?
“Eat Pray Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert – I learned that sometimes you have to risk everything for your happiness, even if you have no clue where your journey is leading you.
8. Favourite travel destination:
9. Biggest accomplishment to date:
Turning my passion into a full-time career and loving what I do!
10. What’s next for you?
Writing my sixth Paris-based novel!
11. What attracted you to writing about Paris?
I was lucky enough to complete my Master’s degree in Paris, and it was during my year abroad that I came up with my first Paris book idea. There is so much to love about Paris—the Seine, the cobblestone streets, the pâtisseries, the wine, the romance, the beautiful language—and I knew I had to set my books there. I never tire of writing about Paris, and I only wish I could go back to visit more often!
12. Your favourite place in Paris?
I have so many favorite places in Paris, but if I had to choose just one it would be the Palais Garnier – the grand old opera house located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris. I’ve seen a couple of ballets and operas there, and it’s absolutely gorgeous inside. I try to take the characters in my Paris books to the Palais Garnier at least once in each story!