10 Things You Didn’t Know About… Jacquie Underdown
- If you could interview anyone, past or present, who would it be and what would be your lead question? I must admit, this question stumped me for a while. I think I’d love to meet Nora Roberts, simply because she is such a prolific romance author. I’d ask her to tell me all about her writing process.
- Your most played song/band? Currently, Ed Sheeran. Specifically, his X album and the song Thinking out Loud.
- Favourite genre of romance? Fantasy romance
- Favourite food? Lasagne
- Favourite drink? Coffee
- If you could have any superpower what would you choose? Unlimited bravery.
- If you weren’t writing, what would you be doing? I would most likely be working as an accountant still or some variation of that.
- Favourite quote? ‘Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.’ Carl Jung.
- Tell us something about yourself that most people wouldn’t know… I’ve lived in fifteen different houses in the last eighteen years.
- Most famous person you’ve ever met? Tell us about the meeting! In one of my positions as an accountant, the company I worked for had many Olympic gold-medal winning swimmers as clients along with professional cricketers, rugby union and ruby league players. I got to meet a number of them and prepared superannuation statements for a few too. I can’t disclose who they were unfortunately due to professional confidentiality.
The Sweetest Secret
Two broken hearts, one small town, and the secret language of flowers…
Ellie always falls for the wrong man. After her latest disastrous relationship, she needs a new start, a clean slate, and some time to figure out who she is and what she actually wants. So the opportunity to open her own florist shop in the small town of Alpine Ridge couldn’t be more timely – or more perfect.
Sam Mathews understands bad relationships – he’s only ever had one, and that was enough. Now he keeps to himself, throwing his efforts into the family vineyard and his greenhouse hobby, where it’s quiet and calm and he can nurture beauty with his own two hands.
When Ellie arrives in town and discovers Sam’s backyard nursery, a shared professional interest soon blossoms into something that feels very personal. But Ellie needs time to rediscover herself, and Sam has never regained his confidence. When they are both tied so strongly to the past, could there be a chance for a future.