Today I’m participating in the Three Wishes Blog Blitz, hosted by author Juliet Madison! From 2nd to 6th September you’ll have the chance to win some awesome prizes at all the blogs participating in the blitz, including mine. All you have to do is follow my instructions below for winning the prize I have on offer, and then you can click over to Juliet’s blog to enter her prize draw, and see the list of all other blogs taking part and enter their giveaways as well. How cool is that?
Why is it called the Three Wishes Blog Blitz? Juliet’s new romantic comedy release, I Dream of Johnny, is about three wishes, a high-tech genie in a lamp, and one very unfortunate typo that proves magic isn’t all it cracked up to be…
Life is so busy at the moment and I know many people are feeling the same way (really, didn’t we just finish Christmas 2012 yet here we are again about 90 days out from starting the obligatory shopping centre Santa photo, the countless ‘Dear Santa’ lists, the non-stop baking… nope just me?). So, when Juliet threw out the topic of ‘My Three Wishes’ I thought it’d be really simple to choose three. Here’s what I thought I would wish for:
1. more money so I didn’t need to juggle a full-time job, run a full-time business, plus 3 kids under 10, a marriage and the daily operations of a busy house. Money makes the world go round whether we want to believe it or not. Bills need to be paid, rugby boots need to be bought, and food needs to be on the table… more money is the answer, right?
2. less challenges: speaks for itself really… our 10yo son has an intellectual disability and I see how many challenges he handles (and with such tenacity and grace) each and every day. The things we take for granted, like being able to write our names, tie our own shoelaces, read a story book, and most importantly speak with ease (he has serious speech delays meaning every small thing he wants to say can take quite a long time to articulate), so less challenges for us all is the answer, right?
3. less stress: another really self-explanatory one for all the stress-head, anxiety sufferers out there (i.e.: probably most mums!). Yes, less stress would be wonderful – add that to my three wishes please Juliet!
Then I wondered how many of these three wishes resonated with others… So, I asked. A quick survey of friends and colleagues (both male and female) came back with essentially the same three wishes to varying degrees and to be honest, it made me quite sad that this is the case. So, in order to straighten things out in my highly-strung, budget conscious, and challenge driven state, I reassessed.
Much thought went into how better I could utilise my three wishes, and here’s what I came up with…
1. Quality time with my husband and kids. Life isn’t looking like slowing down any time soon; I have some major projects in the pipeline and if I’m completely honest with myself it is these projects (and the ability to create and finish them) that gives me my drive, it’s the work ethic, can-do attitude and creativity that I want to instill in our children. I need to embrace it but implement some boundaries so that I can still enjoy the people I’m doing it all for – myself and my family.
2. It goes without saying, that I’d wish for good health, my own and that of my family. More practically however, on reflection I recognised that structured skills to overcome the challenges is key to overcoming (or at least battling through) them. Further to my son’s disability outlined above, I live with chronic pain (and have done for 10 years). The questions I need to ask myself include: how can I better control the pain, what measures can I put in place to aid myself, and what specifically do I need for this? The answer was surprisingly easy, I need a better pain management plan and better pain management advice. I don’t even really need to wish for this, I just need to action it and give myself permission to make this a priority to follow through.
3. Ok, this one stayed the same – please please please, less stress!!! Anyone got any ideas outside of the ‘2 V’s’ (valium, vodka?) Let me know!
So, over to you – what are your three wishes? Let me know in the comments below and you’ll go into the draw to win one of two Capello Brothers trilogy packs (ebooks). Competition closes Friday 6th September and all you have to do is comment below, too easy! Once you’ve entered my giveaway, visit Juliet’s blog & enter her giveaway too, and visit any or all of the other participating blogs to enter more prize draws. You could potentially win a whole heap of prizes! Good luck! Visit the official Blog Blitz post here.