2017 Christmas Extravaganza featuring Sasha Cottman
I must confess the stuffing that comes with the roast chicken or turkey at Christmas has never been one of my favourites. I tend to pass on it when its offered around the table.
This new recipe is a flavoursome twist on an old recipe. Rather than cooking the stuffing in the roast, you cook it in a separate roasting dish. One of the advantages of this is that you get a lot more stuffing, so the folks who do like their Christmas stuffing will have plenty on their plate. The grated parmesan was enough for me to decide I will bake a tray of this stuffing for Christmas 2017.
New look Christmas Stuffing.
- 1/2 bunch of Sage leaves
- 1/4 bunch Marjoram leaves
- 60g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta or bacon, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup (90g) prunes, chopped
- 30g grated parmesan
- 350g Sourdough, torn into rough chunks
- 180g Pecans
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- Finely chop half the herbs. Heat butter and oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add chopped herbs, onion, garlic, and pancetta, cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with remaining ingredients. Set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20 x 30cm baking dish with baking paper. Add the mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour until golden. It could go in the oven about the same time that you put the pork crackling in if you roast your pork crackling separately.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
A Scottish Duke for Christmas
A night of scandalous passion has come at a high price for Ewan Radley, Duke of Strathmore. His headstrong fiancée has fled; and he is now left to raise their love child on his own.
Lady Caroline Hastings isn’t about to forgive the man who threw her over for her sister, but when Ewan begs her to come to Scotland and help save his son, she cannot refuse him.
Trapped together within a snowbound castle, they struggle to come to terms with their past. Ewan seeks to win Caroline back, but she is determined not to be a convenient solution to his problem.
As Christmas approaches, Ewan searches high and low for that one special Christmas gift to give to her. But it will take more than mere jewels or fancy clothes, because Caroline’s heart desires the one thing money cannot buy. The only gift she longs to receive on Christmas Day, is the love of a Scottish Duke.
Sasha Cottman has kindly offered 3 e-book copies of A Scottish Duke for Christmas up as prizes to win in the AusRom Today Christmas Extravaganza.
To enter, simply fill in the below form: