10 Things You Didn’t Know About… Vanessa Carnevale
- If you could interview anyone, past or present, who would it be and what would be your lead question?Oprah! I would so love to meet Oprah. I’d ask her to tell me all about her career journey and the things she has learnt along the way.
- Your most played song/band? Ed Sheeran & Coldplay!
- Favourite genre of romance? Contemporary or historical. Either will do!
- Favourite food? Hmm. Mangoes or strawberries, I think? Depends on the day!
- Favourite drink? Depends on the day. Coffee or tea. I love herbal tea and the ritual involved in brewing a pot of tea! Fun fact: I also love collecting teacups!
- If you could have any superpower what would you choose? I would make the world a happier, safer, more loving and fairer place for everyone.
- If you weren’t writing, what would you be doing? I’m a dabbler and love learning new things. Since writing The Florentine BridgeI would love to study watercolour painting and since writing The Memories That Make UsI would love to be a florist or have a tiny flower farm! I should probably stick to writing, though!
- Favourite quote? “Love life and life will love you back.”
- Tell us something about yourself that most people wouldn’t know… When I was eight years old I broke my arm by falling off a cow. Don’t ask… Okay, I’ll explain, since I know you will want to ask how it happened. It was all for a photo! The adults placed me and some friends on a cow, and put me at the front, and when the cow bent down to eat, I came sliding off. I’d been wanting a Cabbage Patch doll for ages and this is how I finally was able to get one!
- Most famous person you’ve ever met? Tell us about the meeting! If we’re to keep it bookish, probably Jodi Picoult. I listened to her speak when she was in Melbourne promoting Small Great Thingsand she was wonderful and gracious.
The Memories That Make Us
Gracie Ashcroft is supposed to marry Blake Beaumont in three months’ time. The trouble is, she doesn’t know who he is…
After an accident leaves Gracie with severe amnesia, she’s forced to decide: live a life that is made up of other people’s memories of who she was, or start a new life on her own. Leaving her fiancé Blake behind, she moves to the country where she takes on the task of reviving her family’s abandoned flower farm.
While attempting to restart a business with an uncertain future, she tries to come to terms with the grief of losing a mother she can’t remember and a fiancé she so badly wants to fall in love with again. What she doesn’t count on is developing a deep connection with Flynn, a local vet. Worst of all is having to confront the fact that she might lose either chance at love.
Forced to examine the person she has become, Gracie confronts the question: if you had your time over, would you live the same life twice?
Find Vanessa online:
Leave a Reply