10 Things You Didn’t Know About… Sasha Wasley
- If you could interview anyone, past or present, who would it be and what would be your lead question? It would be Jack the Ripper and my first question would be ‘Who are you, really??’ My second question would be, “Can you please not kill me?”
- Your most played song/band? I believe Spotify would tell me it’s currently City Calm Down, The Preatures, Gang of Youths or maybe even Tears for Fears! But it changes frequently. I have a number of playlists and most of my writing is accompanied by music. At the moment, I’m getting some second-hand K-Pop listening from my daughters, too.
- Favourite genre of romance? Romantic suspense! I love a mystery. I also enjoy paranormal romance.
- Favourite food?Japanese beef tataki or Hainanese chicken rice
- Favourite drink? Sauvignon Blanc
- If you could have any superpower what would you choose? Flying. I love those dreams where you fly and I feel like I would know exactly how to do it.
- If you weren’t writing, what would you be doing? I already do it (part time!) – working in communications for a not-for-profit organisation. But I would never not be writing.
- Favourite quote? I would not creep along the coast, but steer out mid-sea by the guidance of the stars (George Eliot).
- Tell us something about yourself that most people wouldn’t know… I am a bird nerd. I love watching birds from my patio and trying to identify them. There is a gorgeous family of magpies that live near my place and we have an amazing variety of honeyeaters and wrens. We’ve been inundated with black cockatoos this week and sometimes at night I hear a ghostly mopoke owl. My bird nerdiness is a source of endless annoyance for my teen daughters.
- Most famous person you’ve ever met? Tell us about the meeting! I was working a part time job in a newsagency at the Hilton in Perth and Anthony Kiedis and Flea from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers came in! Anthony asked me if we sold any human skulls. We then had quite a good conversation about the supermodels and he introduced himself, as did I, we shook hands, and they left. I never once let on that I knew who he was but I nearly died of the inner fangirling!
Love is random. Accidental. You just live your life and then one day it’ll hit you with the right person.
Wandering soul Freya ‘Free’ Paterson has finally come back home. Idealistic and trusting, she’s landed the job of her dreams working on an art project with the local school, but she hadn’t planned on meeting the man of her dreams as well.
With his irresistible Irish accent, Constable Finn Kelly is everything Free wants – genuine, kind . . . and handsome as hell. He’s also everything Free isn’t – stable and dependable. Yet despite the passion simmering between them, he just wants to be friends. What is he trying to hide?
As Free throws herself into the challenges of her new job, fending off the unwelcome advances of a colleague and helping to save her beloved Herne River, Finn won’t stay out of her way, or out of her heart.
But just when she needs him the most, will Finn reveal his true colours?